Thursday, July 9, 2015

On the Road Again

I'm out of town, at the ARRL (Amateur Radio Relay League).  I've been attending a Teachers' Institute on Wireless Technology.  So far, I've:

  • Gotten a WHOLE lot of books on radio topics, including the one that I wanted to use to upgrade my license to General.
  • Played around with a USB-based oscilliscope, which I can take with me, as well as several circuit board test modules.
  • Learned how to use a breadboard to test circuits.
  • Made a 24 hour digital clock.
  • Received a Boe-Bot, which is a programmable robotics kit (I'm in heaven - putting things together, and programming for FUN!)
It's been a lot of fun, although I'm down to 2 more days - I leave right after the last day on Friday.  I'm hoping no more shutdowns like United had.

No comments: