Tuesday, February 5, 2019

2nd Week of Keto

Still going surprisingly well. I'm a long-time carb lover, whose girth had gotten way beyond the 'sort of OK' point. I needed to do something.

I checked around, and found that a Keto diet would accomplish several things:

  • Lose weight (OK, for the science-minded, actually mass)
  • Decrease water retention - a problem due to periodic use of steroids for asthma issues
  • Eliminate my carb cravings that had torpedoed other diet efforts
Boy, did it! Until today, I had no carb cravings. Even when I did start sniffing around carb-y snacks, I quickly was able to find a substitute - cheese strips. It worked.

I'm able to eat a whole lot of things:
  • Meats
  • Cheeses
  • Non-starchy veggies
  • Bacon
  • Ham
  • Sausage
  • Olives
  • Hummus (in moderation)
  • Pork rinds - never liked them before - it turns out that I hated the barbeque flavor of the ones I sampled previously. Plain pork rinds are delish - AND a great scoop for various protein-laden stuff
Tomorrow, I'm going to track down an easy recipe for Bulletproof Coffee - devotees swear bythe high-fat snack drink.

I'll be weighing in tomorrow.

No comments: