Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Personal Update

I've been back and forth between Rock Hill, SC and Cleveland, OH. Reasons include:

  • Brother needed some assistance with home, driving privileges, and disability forms. I got that in motion, the form was submitted, he's back to driving, and the home is in progress. Basically, I just needed to touch base, verify that he was OK, and give a little help. It was great to spend some time with him - the physical distance has made it tough to keep as close as we once were.
  • Stayed around Cleveland, so I could share the driving with my husband, who was in town for a medical checkup. We had to drive back in one day, but it was nice to have extended time with each other.
  • Turned right around once home - I arrive late Monday evening, had to fly back on Wednesday for a funeral. If I buy another dress outfit, it will probably be black or navy. We went through a time previously when we were attending funerals for our friends and family's parents. Now, it's for them.
While I was away from home, I managed to finish Gramsci Part 2. I also got a jump on the research for the next part - Herbert Marcuse. He's the 'thinker' behind the Intolerant Left, among other things. It will be interesting to tie the attacks on the 1st Amendment to his disciples - one of them was Dr. Angela Davis, Communist that aided the Black Panthers' violent attacks on society.

Who also never served a day in jail for it - in fact, she was rewarded with academic acclaim for her part in the murder of the judge presiding over her lover's trial.

The Left has a lot to answer for.

Ash Wednesday today - no bacon!

1 comment:

cmblake6 said...

NO BACON?!?! Why does the church punish you so?

Sorry to hear of the negative experiences in your life, but pray for the souls and realize THEY are in a better place than here.