Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Oh HELL yes! That warning at the beginning was appropriate.
The machine kept rejecting my scans. I was truly shocked when the lady said, "Your fingerprints are no longer there."
Now, they were not totally missing - you could look at the scans, and they were acceptable at the sides. But, for the majority of the digit, the fingerprints had worn down sufficiently to make getting a recognizable print just about impossible.
Apparently, this happens. Often with nurses, and other people who use their hands a lot - like people who type on keyboards.
I may have to make another trip there, just to verify that - yup, they're gone. The state will just have to work with the information available about me, minus the prints.
There's a murder mystery or something in this odd thing.
Friday, February 22, 2019
Start with a recently created Department - such as Energy, Education, or EPA - the 3 Big Bad E's. As an Executive Decision, and AFTER you have worked out the main details (don't sweat the small stuff, just have an overall plan), announce that the department will be eliminated as a separate entity, and either folded into another department (such as Interior), or eliminated entirely.
Get the states on board by offering to give 2 or 3-year block grants to the states to TEMPORARILY replace part of the federal money that will be, shortly, no longer available. Have a sunset date built into this Executive Order. Right away, the states can save money by eliminating their staff that is responsible for applying for, and administering, the Dept. grants. That, in most cases, is a LOT of people.
- Fold essential functions (and, they are not many) into the Interior Dept. Eliminate the duplicate jobs/categories/administrative people no longer needed.
- Interior will announce that these new jobs will be located in one of the midwestern states with substantial energy production. Right there, you move a LOT of people out of the Washington orbit. The lure is that their salaries will stretch further. Only the Director of the Energy Division will be located in Washington. Everyone else stays in that new location - including ALL upper-level management staff. That removes a lot of people that will no longer be available to be wooed by lobbyists.
- Announce that all Federal employees may apply for the positions that will remain, on a competitive basis. NO guarantees for ANYONE.
- Many of these jobs will be contract-only, and the contracting companies will take former skills and experience in the previous job into consideration (also, special consideration for vets). If the employee doesn't perform to expectations, their supervisor puts in a request to his boss that the contract employee be removed. As they have no job protections, this should be easy. Ideally, the rest of the staff will get the message, and step up their work ethic.
- For those people who have been doing their job, without acting as a Deep State ally, the executive staff should call in markers to their contacts in industry, and help them find new work - NOT in government, unless it's at the state level.
Thursday, February 21, 2019
What baffled me for a strong minute was how anyone who works for the government, joins the military, etc, how can they be demoncraps? You join, there is no draft.
Then I realized that the reason is to destroy the capitalist/imperialist/whateverist Amerikkka!!!! From the INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!! Because there's no way they can beat us head on.
And then I got to thinking about the programming our children receive in school, K-PhD. How in the hell did those propagandists get in a position to be our children's educators?
The reports that the Justice Department - and their ideologically-aligned cronies, the FBI - actually tried to push the claim that Sessions was a Russian agent. They actually were leaking LIES about it to the media. Apparently, the Dems of Congress were getting these leaks, as the questioning of Sessions was designed either to get an admission, or lay the foundation for later perjury charges.
I mean, JEFF SESSIONS?
BTW, for those with no historical knowledge, this is that "McCarthyism" that the Left is so shocked and horrified about. Except, McCarthy's accusations were - largely - true. Even the Leftist Washington Post has to agree about that, in the wake of recent revelations.
I'l be dealing with that time period in a later chapter of my Leftism for Beginners book.
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Do you doubt Q? I'm sure you, like I, would like to see the end of this. But it HAS to be bulletproof. It has to be so solid there can be no denial, no other explanation than "Yep, that's it".
Monday, February 18, 2019
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Friday, February 15, 2019
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
My clothes are fitting more comfortably, I am able to move and bend over without effort, and I've lost those 'carb cravings' that had doomed earlier diets.
If you're thinking about trying Keto, I would recommend:
- Check with your doctor first - you want to make sure that there is no medical reason that the diet would be bad for you
- Use the Stupid Simple Keto app - easy to use, free for the trial version (although, if you're going to stick with Keto, spend the money to upgrade - among other things, you'll gain the ability to scan bar codes for instant nutritional info.
- Commit to walking (FitBit pedometers are relatively cheap and easy to use) and drinking LOTS of water. I'm not kidding - you will need to re-hydrate frequently.
Go to the actual text of the proposed/current law. It's easy enough to do these days - a quick search usually turns up a pdf or plaintext of the bill. If it's a national bill, Thomas takes care of that.
Here is the relevant sections of the Virginia bill (the sections dealing with abortion - it's a mixed bill).
First, the published summary from the site.
Then, the full text (sections that pertain to abortion shown below, along with my comments about that section).
The part "or impair the mental or physical health of the women" gives very wide latitude. No longer must that impairment be substantial or irremediable (not likely to change).
You're sad about the pregnancy? Abort.
You're queasy and not feeling your best? Abort.
Realistically, many women's first thought is - Get RID of IT! The opportunity to think about it - without pressure - is one that should be available. No one should rush into a life-changing decision without time to process what this will mean, years down the road.
Now, the article where I found the link to the full text is pro-abortion. She cites several physicians on the necessity of this procedure, late in the pregnancy, and is - Disingenuous? Dishonest? about the reasons why someone might choose late-pregnancy abortion.
Dr. Beverly Gray, an assistant professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Duke University, has previously told Refinery29 medical complications are often the reason why pregnancies are terminated after 20 weeks of gestation.
Saturday, February 9, 2019
Soooo...we're going home?
I've got a few people who actually buy the "drill" concept. I am retired, I was a SOCOM Security person, I've done a thing or few in a place or few, I know the available training facilities that exist on many many patches of .mil property, this was not a drill. This was some real shit and you're being fed the "nothing to see here" line. The only thing I want to know is the deep detail shit. That's just me though. *AHEM*
Friday, February 8, 2019
This is worth every minute of watching. Especially the script at the end. I may be old, and out of shape, but call me back! I'll find a position, and control anything within 1,000 yards.
Let's hope this actually goes somewhere, yeah?
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Don’t give me any “I don’t do videos” BS. This is three and a half minutes long and vitally important:
It is incomprehensible to me that there are Americans – non-Muslims – who fail to appreciate the evil and savagery of Islam.
Any woman who sees this and remains persuaded that “Islam respects women’s rights” is too far gone into lunacy to be helped – or trusted.
It was a brilliant speech. President Trump hit all the right notes. But it must be remembered that the opposition does not share his attitude; it is entirely partisan and focused on power for itself. These are people, owing to the steady devolution of our political class over the century past, who are interested in nothing but their own power and perquisites. The good of the country doesn't even blip their radars.
They must go, one and all. Let there be no "safe districts." No matter how many years a district has been dominated by Democrats, they can be ousted — and they must be. (The same goes for the Establishment Republicans who give the president lip service while maneuvering in secret to thwart him.) The successful continuation of the greatest experiment in freedom in all of human history demands it.
The app that I'm tracking it all with is Stupid, Simple Keto. It's on my phone, handy, and the paid version - less than $20 - also lets you scan foods. Very important to do in the supermarket, BEFORE you bring food into the house.
My knees feel MUCH better, and my asthma has calmed down.
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
- Infanticide - yes, Democrats actually CHEERING the possibility of KILLING a baby! They may think they "won", but this has the potential to topple abortion support completely - possibly giving the Supreme Court the opportunity to overturn Roe v. Wade.
- The Ralph (Democrat) Northam debacle. Now, his Lt. Gov. may be having issues relating to #MeToo assault! Haven't had so much excitement in years. Sigh. Remember when wearing blackface wan't no big thang?
- Yes, I know that Big Brother has his eyes on us all, but - this site writes about the potential for satellites to save lives in weather emergencies.
- Mocking your competitor for closing on Sunday seems not to be a good marketing strategy.
- Remember when interviewing the candidates for judicial appointments USED to be about discerning whether they were qualified? Good times, good times. Nice to see that the Leftists are even-handed in attempted character assassination.
I checked around, and found that a Keto diet would accomplish several things:
- Lose weight (OK, for the science-minded, actually mass)
- Decrease water retention - a problem due to periodic use of steroids for asthma issues
- Eliminate my carb cravings that had torpedoed other diet efforts
- Non-starchy veggies
- Hummus (in moderation)
- Pork rinds - never liked them before - it turns out that I hated the barbeque flavor of the ones I sampled previously. Plain pork rinds are delish - AND a great scoop for various protein-laden stuff