Wednesday, February 27, 2019

An Extremely Odd Thing

Today, I went to a business to have my fingerprints sent off to the state of South Carolina (I'll be applying for an insurance agent's license once I take the test).

The machine kept rejecting my scans. I was truly shocked when the lady said, "Your fingerprints are no longer there."

Now, they were not totally missing - you could look at the scans, and they were acceptable at the sides. But, for the majority of the digit, the fingerprints had worn down sufficiently to make getting a recognizable print just about impossible.

Apparently, this happens. Often with nurses, and other people who use their hands a lot - like people who type on keyboards.

I may have to make another trip there, just to verify that - yup, they're gone. The state will just have to work with the information available about me, minus the prints.

There's a murder mystery or something in this odd thing.

1 comment:

cmblake6 said...

That's just funny. Love the concept.