Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Weight Loss on Keto So Far

After just one month, I've dropped 17.6 pounds. I can feel the difference in the lost water weight; my joints are no longer swollen, and I am moving at or above my target number of steps (10K/day).

My clothes are fitting more comfortably, I am able to move and bend over without effort, and I've lost those 'carb cravings' that had doomed earlier diets.

If you're thinking about trying Keto, I would recommend:

  • Check with your doctor first - you want to make sure that there is no medical reason that the diet would be bad for you
  • Use the Stupid Simple Keto app - easy to use, free for the trial version (although, if you're going to stick with Keto, spend the money to upgrade - among other things, you'll gain the ability to scan bar codes for instant nutritional info.
  • Commit to walking (FitBit pedometers are relatively cheap and easy to use) and drinking LOTS of water. I'm not kidding - you will need to re-hydrate frequently.

1 comment:

John said...

Congrats! I've had luck with keto in the past.